Saturday, April 23, 2005

A Few Hours

I managed to eek out a couple of hours after work yesterday to sail. Not much wind in Commencement Bay but it was still really nice to get out. I managed to jump between wind shadows enought to actually sail.

In such light wind I thought it would be a great time to test out the North Snuffer spinnaker sleeve. It worked great. This was in concert with a North Tack Strap, flying the boat's light-air, symmetrical spinnaker.

With no pole, anything beyond a beam reach caused the spinnaker to be in the main's wind shadow. The rig is so easy to use I have no problem giving up that little bit of extra sail area by dropping the main. Everything worked great. I set and doused the spinnaker twice with no twists or any other problems. This is a great way to cruise with a spinnaker, even single handed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home