Monday, March 21, 2005

Rigging

Really windy from the SE yesterday (Sunday). My hand-held Davis Wind Meter showed 25 knots from the foredeck in the marina. It would be cool to use the masthead windspeed instrument but that has been frozen since I first saw the boat. One of the reasons I ordered the ATN Mast Climber.

Went around to all of the rigging reachable from deck and hit it with a wire brush and some Boeshield. Nothing too bad and everything cleaned up really well.

The lifelines still aren't tight enough to pass an ORC inspection. I can't believe that there is no way to tighten them - no turnbuckle from the bow rail to the boarding gates. It looks like I can shorten the wire in the gates a bit and I might try that. The outer plastic coating is worn in some spots but there are no meat-hooks so I really wouldn't need to replace them for a while. On the other hand it's a shame to re-do these old ones with turnbuckles etc.

Found out that the steaming light at the front of the mast, called bow light on the electrical panel, doesn't come on unless the running lights are also on. Makes sense but I though the bulb was burned out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home