Friday, March 18, 2005

Going Up the Mast

The windspeed sensor at the top of the mast is frozen. Hopefully it just needs service. I also want to go up the mast and install LED bulbs in some of the lights up there.

I bought a webbing ladder on eBay but it didn't get me up there. You need stout shoes for that job but stout shoes make it hard to get your feet back into the loops on the way down. I put it back on eBay and it sold immediately.

The Prime-Climb mast ladder looks good but it requires a square sail track. Scamper's is round, as in a bolt-rope could go in there. The guy I talked to at Prime-Climb was very nice and quite helpful.

I know all the pro riggers use a bosun's chair with a tackle and I came pretty close to making the huge investment in line and blocks for a rig like this. I was going to use a six-part setup but that required close to 250' of line. Ouch.

I broke down and ordered an ATN Top Climber from Defender. Should be here next week.

1 Comments:

Blogger Edward said...

Yaa...atn topclimbers are really very helpful...keep blogging :)

Top Climber

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home