Sunday, March 20, 2005

Several Items Today

Raining and wet.

One of the cabin reading reading lights just fell apart in my hand when I adjusted it so I replaced both fixtures in the main saloon with the little brass "Xenon" units from West Marine. They look good and put out a lot more light. Perhaps I'll replace the other three old fixtures.

Picked up a "tablet" DVD player off of eBay and mounted it in the main cabin with a RAM mount from West Marine. Takes up little space, always set up ready to use, visible from most of the main cabin. This is first rate.

Discovered that if I push air into the forward bilge area, through the v-berth step, using a fan-powered dehumidifier, that air circulates throughout the lockers. This is great news for keeping those lockers dry. I tried pumping heated air through those spaces using the little space heater on high but it blew the shorepower breaker. I'll just leave well-enough alone and use the dehumidifier.

Really want to get out sailing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home