Monday, July 25, 2005

Marathon

The whole day yesterday (Sunday) was mine!  I left Crow’s Nest at 10 am and sailed around Brown’s Point and beat all the way up to Pt. Robinson.  The wind was about 10 knots from the north so I was able to use the 150% genoa which gave me 5 knots of boat speed most of the time.  That’s livin!

At Pt Robinson I turned around and put up the light spinnaker.  Even more livin!  The weather was beautiful, clear, about 80 degrees, not too many boats out, a few ships to keep clear of, and a two-hour spinnaker run. 

I ran out of wind after I turned the corner under Vashon so I motored about 30 minutes into Gig Harbor, anchored, and had spaghetti.  After I cleaned up I sat in the cockpit, smoked a cigar, and watched the boat traffic coming and going.  I motored all the way back under a beautiful sunset and ended up at Crow’s Nest just after 10 pm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home