Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Dreamboat

I am so pleased with Scamper’s performance.  She has so many ways to control sail shape that the end result is a thing of beauty.  The sails are flat, smooth, and round.  The slot is perfect.  Even in 7 knots of wind the speed through the water seems exhilarating.  My frame of reference is a bit skewed though.  My last boat was a 6,000 pound, 22’ catboat.

Owning a boat like Scamper has been a dream of mine for many years.  Having a boat like this is just about the coolest thing I’ve ever experienced.  I’ve known that I wanted a mid-size performance-cruiser for a long time and I really don’t know why I fooled around with powerboats and smaller sailboats for so long.  I’ve heard the adage that smaller boats give more fun and that’s true to some extent.  The things that Scamper offers, and and the challenge of mastering some of the aspects of this boat, are satisfying beyond mere fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home