Tuesday, March 28, 2006





There are better guitars to keep on board. I would really like my onboard guitar to be my Rainsong but its hard to beat the size and durabilty of a Baby Taylor. It sounds pretty good too. The Baby Taylor is mostly plywood so it is still pretty impervious to environment problems though I do keep the cabin warm and dry most all the time. The only downside to the Baby is that I really couldn't play a show with it.


The case stays on a shelf that is a good place for crew to store their seabags so I like to take the guitar off the boat or store it in the v-berth if there is a crowd. The few times I've used the boat to go play out I've brought the Rainsong and stowed the Baby Taylor in my truck.


I may finish recording my next CD on the boat. It's pretty quiet and I'm not often disturbed there. The acoustics aren't bad either. Since I'm doing the solo acoustic thing it's pretty easy to sit down and play most anywhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home